This node.js program (running for instance on a Raspberry Pi) acts as an interface between the ARTIK Cloud and any program you might run in the Shell. For instance you start and stop a media player and gets its status.
2. ARTIK Cloud setup
In MY ARTIK Cloud, create a new object of type “Shell proxy”
3. Proxy setup
– Install node.js (http://nodejs.org/). Or install with your favorite package manager (apt, yum, port, brew, etc)
– cd to the folder where this program was unzipped
– To install required dependency run: npm install
– Edit the “config.json” file with your personal information:
— Enter the Device_ID and Device_Token found in the User Portal for the Shell proxy object
— In this config.json omxplayer (a binary that plays media files on the Raspberry Pi) is started on the “on” command, and stopped on the “off” command. The status returns “on” or “off”.
– Run “node shellproxy.js config.json”