The Hunter Douglas line of window treatments can be fully controlled and automated using the proprietary Hunter Douglas app. By being connected to ARTIK Cloud, Hunter Douglas products gain an even richer degree of control via Rules and connectivity with other data from the smart home.
This node.js program (running for instance on a Raspberry Pi) acts as an interface between a Hunter Douglas Platinum Hub connected via Telnet and ARTIK Cloud.
ARTIK Cloud setup
- In My ARTIK Cloud, create a new device of the “OpenShades” device type
- Install node.js. Or install with your favorite package manager (apt, yum, port, brew, etc.)
cdto the folder where the program was unzipped
- To install required dependency run:
- Edit the “config.json” file with your personal information:
- Enter the Device_ID and Device_Token found in My ARTIK Cloud for your OpenShades device
- Change Platinum_IP_Address to your Hunter Douglas Platinum Hub IP address
- Run “node hdplatinum.js config.json”