The DSC TL-150 security panel allows homeowners to control and monitor their home security via a web interface. On ARTIK Cloud, the DSC TL-150’s connectivity with other devices and services brings a newfound situational awareness to the smart home.
This node.js program (running for instance on a Raspberry Pi) acts as an interface between a DSC Alarm TL-150 module connected via HTTP and ARTIK Cloud.
ARTIK Cloud setup
In the ARTIK Cloud User Portal, create a new object of type “DSC Alarm”
– Install node.js (http://nodejs.org/). Or install with your favorite package manager (apt, yum, port, brew, etc)
– cd to the folder where this program was unzipped
– To install required dependency run: npm install
– Edit the “config.json” and “status” files with your personal information:
— The Device_ID and Device_Token found in the User Portal for the DSC Alarm object
— The Login and Pwd for the TL-150 module
— IP address of the TL-150 module where you see IP_Address
— The Arm_Code and Disarm_Code
– Run “node alarm.js config.json”